These two people, my Grandmer and Daddydon, are very dear to my heart. Even though I don't get to see them but once a year at most, I love them so much and think about and pray for them every day.Grandmer and Daddydon, I respect the two of you so much!! Thank you for the way you have lived your lives striving to glorify your Savior, love and serve each other well, and raise your family to fear, love and serve God with their lives. The effects of those things go deeper than even you two know or have seen come to fruition. Each of your children is walking with the Lord and seeking to know him better and raise families that reflect Christ and the gospel. Thank you for being faithful to teach and train your family in the ways of the Lord. God has so richly blessed you! His favor shines upon you and the two of you reflect his love and mercy so well!
As this new year is just beginning I have been thinking a lot about the kind of legacy I want to leave behind. What do I want to be remembered for? What should I strive for in this life that will have eternal value? I keep thinking about the two of you and the way your marriage reflects the love and self-sacrifice of our Savior. I keep thinking about the strength and love within your family and how they know that serving our Savior and laying down their lives for his glory and renown is of utmost importance in this life. You both have lived your lives in light of what is most important, and that is what people think of when they think of you. Thank you for being faithful stewards of the gospel. You have sown truth and love into your family and into the lives of all who have known you and that is such a sweet aroma to our Savior, Jesus Christ! I know he is so pleased with you guys. Thank you for keeping the gospel as first importance in your own lives.
I love you both so much and cannot wait until I get to see you! Hopefully it won't be too long. I was so dissapointed that Steve and I couldn't come for Thanksgiving. Know that I am praying for the two of you. Grandmer I will be praying for you and your upcoming knee surgery. I hope you will be feeling good as new very soon ;)
2 comments:
Ab, Thank you so much for honoring Grandmother and Granddaddy. Daddy and I both were very moved by your words about your grandparents. I am very grateful for them, also. When I think of my growing up days, I remember how much time my parents spent with us. My mom was home, and my dad owned a ranch so he was around a lot and very involved. My parents made huge sacrifices for all six of us. My dad sold off cows to send us on school trips, even though it wasn't great for them finacially. They put braces on all of us. Even though we weren't rich, we were rich in stability and love. I know that God is good through the love of my parents. Many of the most important decisions I have made as an adult have been greatly influenced by my mom and dad. Thanks again, Abbey, for honoring them here on your blog.
Ab, I feel the same way about my grandparents too. . . there's just something about that relationship that makes me so thankful. Thanks for this post!
Post a Comment