Wednesday, February 27, 2008

22 today...

Today is my birthday. Isn't it funny how as you get older holidays and birthdays and such lose their excitement and novelty. Yesterday I was thinking about it being my birthday, and unlike when I was little, their was no little leap of excitement and anticipation inside of me. I could only think about all of the things needing to be done today...3 classes to go to, reading for Thursday, grocery shopping, pick up car from the mechanic. Oh to be a grown up. Not to sound depressing...I do still enjoy birthdays and love the holidays, it's just funny how your perspective changes the older you get.

Steve has been so sweet and great at making my day feel special and making me feel loved and honored. He woke me up this morning whispering happy birthday in my ear, he surprised me with flowers and a love note, and he made me breakfast and coffee. I am looking forward to going out with him tonight as well. I think we're going to Bravo, my favorite Italian restaurant. He is so kind and thoughtful and I'm so glad to be able to spend this birthday with my best friend and love.

My parents also gave me some beautiful flowers as well. Steve dropped me off at their house this morning so I could borrow their car, and my dad came in with flowers for me. They are so sweet. I feel very blessed today. The Lord has given me so many good gifts.

Our car is being worked on right now. We can't seem to figure out what's wrong with it. It keeps dying on me..sometimes it doesn't start to begin with and sometimes it dies once it's already running. We've already had one guy do a diagnostic on it, and he couldn't find the problem. So another guy has had it since yesterday and he's doing a couple things to it that might fix it...but it's hard to tell. So pray for the car if you think of it. We're not sure what to do about it.

Hope you all have a happy Wednesday!

7 comments:

Rebekah said...

Happy happy Birthday, my dear sister. I do hope you have a wonderful time with Steve tonight. It was wonderful to see you this afternoon. Feel like with things being so busy and all, I don't get to see you enough. Love you and know I am so grateful that you are my sister and my dear friend!

Katherine M. said...

Love to you and happy birthday! Dad and I so enjoy when you stop by, and we were especially glad to get to spend time with you on your birthday. You have been such a dear and precious daughter and now such a sweet friend. Even from early on, your gentleness and depth of insight were evident to us. I know Steve is blessed with your steady emotions and godly wisdom and character. Always remember, you are forever dear to our hearts. Love you--Mom

Bekah said...

Happy Birthday friend! YAYY for being 22! Its a great age! :) I am so thankful for you and your friendship in my life...you are an amazing woman of God. Thanks for your faithful friendship and for always speaking truth into my life! I love you dearly! See you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sis! I am so happy that you have had a great birthday. I am so encouraged to see what a wonderful wife you are and have been to Steve and how you care and love him in so many ways. I am very blessed to have you in my life to challange,encourage, and love me! Love you so much! Rachael :)

Brent and Liz said...

Happy Birthday Abbey.. I understand what you mean about birthdays feeling a bit different as you grow up! It sounds like you and Steve have a wonderful day planned out aside from all the work and school you have.. ENJOY!

Billie said...

happy birthday. What a fun age! Enjoy it cause it goes by so fast....boohoo. Hope you have a great night.

Kate Thomas. said...

happy bday!