Tuesday, July 1, 2008

the post you've been waiting for...

Well folks, this is it. Our lovely little home is finished...enough to move into that is. There are still a bunch of little things that need to be done, but they are minor compared to all that has been done in the past 3 months! Whew! We had some of Steve's family stay with us for Brian's wedding, and I think that kind of broke in the house...somehow hosting other people made it feel like our home faster than it would have otherwise...if that makes sense. I'm still getting unpacked and trying to get organized..but that will be a long process =) I am thrilled with the way the house looks! It has so much charm, and is so cozy and homey feeling. One of my favorite things are the wood floors - I can't believe how great they cleaned up. I also love the trim throughout the house. Brian used wide, craftsman style trim pieces, and I really think it gives it more of an "old" house feel. I hope you enjoy all the pictures...I should have done a slide show, but I didn't think of that til I was half way through uploading them =) Oh well. I'll update you on everything else going on in our lives in a later post. It's late and I'm heading off to bed!

(we don't have front steps yet..one of the many projects left to do)

I love the trim on the front door!

this is going to be our art wall..we want to cover it with art pieces. the one on there now is a wood block print by my cousin John.

the breakfast bar...holding all our clutter at present

Trim detail...
my huge pantry...love it!



nothing much in our bedroom yet...
our closet
the guest room/office



one of my other favorites...the bathroom floor.












these are some pics of the wood floors during the process of refinishing them
staining them...
the cutest boy in the world...workin away...

tada! beautiful...

19 comments:

Katie Virginia Battaglia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Wow! Abby, it looks amazing!! Congratulations! :-)

Katie Virginia Battaglia said...

Let me try that again... :) Abbey, your house looks amazing! great job you two!

Anonymous said...

Steve and Abbey,
What a fun way to start my day! Your home is beautiful! I will show Daddy Don the great pics. He is still in bed!
I am so happy for you and we love you both so very much. Grandmir and Daddy Don

patrick said...

Aw, it looks amazing! I love everything about it from the floors, to the walls, to the ceilings! Does it have good hiding spots? Maybe we can all play hide and seek there sometimes soon! That might break it in and make it feel even more like home. :)

Tess Bush said...

Abbey your house looks great! I love the colors in the bathroom! You have inspired me...we just bought a house that's a "fixer uper" and to see your finished product gives me inspiration. :-)

Callie said...

It's so cute! It's totally full of "charm", as you put it. Congratulations on being homeowners!

Anonymous said...

Ab, I love your new home! It is super cute. Can't wait to see it in person. Love you!
Rachel

Sara said...

Your house is SO cute...I love it!! You do a great job decorating too...you need to come help me!!

Love, Sara

Janelle Shank said...

beautiful home abbey! and your paint colors are so cheerful!

Billie said...

I love your home. It looks so cozy and fun. Hopefully we can come and and see it in person some time. Great job you guys!

Anonymous said...

pretty houes love isabelle joy hulme

Anonymous said...

pretty houes love isabelle joy hulme

Bekah said...

LOVE IT! It looks soo good! Its crazy thinking back to how it looked when I saw it and now its all done! yayyyy!!! Cant wait to see it in person!

Natasha said...

one word...gorgeous! I especially like the wood floors, the bathroom floor, the neat ceiling in your living room, and the big trim! Can't wait to see it in person. (I love the location too :)

Lizzy said...

Gorgeous home, Steve & Abbey!! and way to go on being so diligent, industrious, and resourceful in transforming this place into a beautiful dwelling!!!

Grace Caroline said...

Abbey! Your home is so beautiful... you're so blessed! thanks for posting the pics

Anonymous said...

cuit house

Jessica Rockey said...

Love your house! The bathroom is my favorite! Nevermind... maybe the kitchen! It kinda has a studio-loft-ish meets farmhouse feel... Love it!!!