I was so blessed to have this whole week off! The family I nanny for took a week's vacation at a lake in SC, so I was able to enjoy a relaxing week of lazy summer days. I think the highlight was getting to spend some extended times in the word and in prayer. I'm reading the Psalms and also 1 John. The Lord is teaching me so much about what it means to love Him more than the world. I am finding that throughout my days I'm much more aware of the Holy Spirit and what it looks like to involve Him in every aspect of my day. It is so encouraging. As for the other things I did this week...Monday I met my Mom, Rebekah and Duncan, and Rachael in Greenbrier and we did some shopping and had lunch at Panera. Then I hung out with Rebekah at her house for a couple hours in the afternoon. That night Steve suggested that we head to the beach for a little date. We got coffee and sat in one of the lifeguard chairs and watched a red moon rise. It was so beautiful! I don't think I've seen the moon look that red. Tuesday I got up semi-early (around 7:30) and did some chores before heading up to Richmond to stay with my dear friends Bekah and Nicki. We did some shopping, dinner, the hot tub, a movie, snacks...you know, a typical girls night. We slept at Nicki's apartment, and when the girls had to go to work Wednesday morning, I headed home. Thank goodness for the GPS (a gift from mom and dad Crabb :) I stopped by Steve's dealership to say HI and give him a great big hug and kiss before going home where I cleaned and got ready for my first official CG ladies meeting that night. It was great! The ladies in my group are very open and eager for prayer and encouragement which I am so thankful for! I am excited for many more nights of great fellowship. Thursday I slept in late, then Rach came over and hung out while we waited for my sis-in-law Jess to finish her hair appointments for the day. Then we hit the beach for the afternoon! It was amazing weather and I think we all three fell asleep while lying in the sun...so relaxing! Thur night Steve and I babysat for the Breault kids and ended up taking them to Dairy Queen for ridiculous amounts of ice cream right before bedtime :) It was pretty crazy and very entertaining :) We always enjoy time with those kiddos. Today I watered plants, cleaned my floors, ran some errands with my mom and Rachael, had lunch at Chick-fil-a (yummm) and now I think I'll do some laundry and reading until Steve gets home...tonight's date night. I'm not sure where we're going, but I'm so excited to hang out with my boy. He's had a really crazy week with work, and with everything else going on, I feel like we haven't gotten to hang out much this week.
So there's a synopsis of my week. Sorry if I bored you with all the details. Hope all you readers have a great weekend and rest in the grace purchased for us by Jesus Christ!
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing about your week...lots of fun and relaxing stuff...Chick-fil-a cravings are some of the best when they are fulfilled!! I also like your new song on your blog...one of my favorites. :) Praying for you guys...
you really need to update this thing! sheesh! =0)
I found your blog when I Googled thy lyrics to "His Love Can Never Fail" by Indelible Grace and have thoroughly enjoyed reading it. It's nice to "meet" you!
Post a Comment