So wow. I can't believe how time has flown, and to look where we are now...a family of three...just blows my mind. My little man is already nine months old! This is THE CUTEST AGE. It never gets old to hear his little laugh and watch all his funny little shenanigans....bobbin' his head (head bangin' :), blowing raspberries, sticking out his tongue, throwing his ball and crawling after it and throwing it again and crawling after it over and over again, trying to blow kisses....all his funny noises. He provides endless entertainment for us =) He has been crawling around pretty well since about 6.5 months old and he started pulling up on things at like 7 months! He cruises around the furniture really well and even lets go at times. I've seen him stand up without holding on to anything a couple times now, so I have a feeling walking isn't too far around the corner! Yikes! I guess I'm both excited about that milestone and sort of not looking forward to it...I mean he's growing and changing so fast before I know it he will be running around and no longer a baby. I'm not in a hurry! He can just keep crawling for as long as he wants :) He has the cutest little one leg/one knee crawl....Steve calls him gimpy haha. I put him in the nursery at church and also the child watch area at OneLife Fitness. He does well. Sometimes he doesn't make it the whole hour at church, but I don't blame him since it's right during nap time and the poor kid needs his morning nap! He's always been a really good napper - I'm so glad! He takes two a day right now and needs both of them for a while still I think. He wakes in the morning around 8am and I've been putting him down for a nap around 9:30 or 10 and he sleeps till 11:30 or 12. Then he naps again from like 2:30 til 4:30ish. His bedtime is generally around 7:30 but flexible depending on what we're doing that night. Most of you probably don't really care about all these details but I want to remember them so I write them down!
Our fall has been wonderful so far! Lots of cozy evenings at home and Saturdays spent together. Lovin' it. I have two loaves of pumpkin bread in the oven almost done now. Looking forward to eating a warm piece with my cup of chai. Steve's asleep on the couch with a football game on, his hand still on the remote. He's snoring, but I don't mind since I'm not trying to sleep as well hehe. We went antiquing earlier today. Discovered Country Boy Antiques on Church Street and can I just say I fell in love! It's this cramped, dirty little shop but it's packed full of REAL antiques. Not just overpriced junk but old pieces of furniture and windows and doors and mirrors and bed frames that the guy finds in old buildings and houses throughout Norfolk. We found two really sweet old windows with lots of small panes and chipping paint that we're going to turn into doors for an armoire in our bedroom. Also some little wooden blocks that will be the feet on it. Steve is going to build it either tomorrow or next weekend. Can't wait! It will be taller and not as wide or deep as the clunky one we have now which means more space. But then we'll probably have to put a small desk type of thing in there to put the filing cabinet under and house the printer and Steve's business laptop and paperwork.
Speaking of business, things are going well with real estate investment! Steve got his business license and named the business Hartley Home Investments. Hartley is his middle name. Pretty catchy :) He sold his second house and is going to buy his third here in a couple weeks. We feel so blessed that things have gone so well. It's exciting!
We're looking forward to a visit to our family in Arkansas for Thanksgiving. I LOVE big family get-togethers for this holiday especially. Something so special about everyone being together. And this year we're going to celebrate my Grandmer's 80th birthday! She is an amazingly wonderful woman and it will be such a fun time of honoring her and blessing her on her birthday.
We had some pictures taken of Kaden in October and I'm CRAZY about them...probably because I'm crazy about my little man, but the photographer is our friend Ondria Jones and she did an awesome job! You can check them out HERE. There are also some family shots HERE. I'm thrilled I got some of the prints in the mail today and I'm going to frame one of the family pics and lots of Kaden :) I'll work on that this week...

No comments:
Post a Comment