We got to Norfolk and walked around for a while. There was a big Boat Expo going on at Waterside...people pay to go and walk around and look at a bunch of boats...hmm, sounds exciting...or not.
We then boarded the ferry and rode across to Portsmouth where we walked around, scouted out good restaurants for date nights, and got frozen coffee drinks at an eclectic little coffee shop called the Daily Grind. It was so cute!
It was so nice to get out and enjoy this breezy, sunny afternoon and spend time with Steve! I feel like all I've done for the past few weeks is school! I go to class, come home, cook dinner, catch up with my baby and find out how his day was, and then hit the books for more studying! It's a vicious cycle...it was priceless to spend a relaxing day with him away from the books. Alright, now I have to go do some reading so we can go to the singles meeting tonight!
3 comments:
What a fun day! I love the fall... it makes me wanna buy school supplies. Seems like y'all are really enjoying your first few months of married life. David and I had a really rough first six months or so. (mostly due to my health, meds, etc.) It sounds like your crazy schedules might be the challenge for you guys? I'll be praying for peace in the midst of studying this semester. David and I really wanna hang out with you both... no pressure, just let us know when you have a free evening.
Hey Abbey, How appropiate that you visited the coffee shop, The Daily Grind, on the day you were escaping the daily grind of school, etc. I know this season of school during your first year of marriage is challenging. I'm grateful, however,that you can just hang out in your cozy apartment with your love rather than trying to study at various coffee shops and then saying good- bye to each other. I'm also grateful that Steve is there to comfort and encourage you in your struggles. You are a blessed girl! I continue to pray for you daily. It might help if you can keep reminding yourself that this is for just this school year, and then you'll be a college graduate:) Hugs, Mom
Hey Abs,
Good use of the word eclectic...very nice! And I am glad you and Steve got to spend a relaxing day together! It really is hard to find time for that kind of thing...and I know how you feel. Life is busy...we just have to find time to spend with our handsome hunks! Love you!
Post a Comment