
So last minute yesterday night Steve and I decided to go with Rachie and some other friends to hear a group called Indelible Grace play at a Presbyterian church in Kempsville. I had never heard of the group before, and, honestly, thought it would probably be lame and wasn’t very excited to go. But I’m so glad we did! The group was actually really good and their songs and his presentation of the gospel were so rich and encouraging! They are based out of Nashville, and what they do is take old hymns and put them to new, more contemporary music. All the hymns they played were Christ exulting, grace overflowing, and rewritten beautifully. One song in particular was very provoking and encouraging to me as I sat and listened. (they put the lyrics up as well so we could read along).
I do not ask to see the way
I do not ask to see the way
My feet will have to tread
But only that my soul may feed
Upon the living Bread.
'Tis better far that I should walk
By faith close to His side
I may not know the way I go, But oh, I know my Guide.
His love can never fail, His love can never fail,
My soul is satisfied to know His love can never fail.
My soul is satisfied to know His love can never fail.
That is just the first verse and the chorus, but it’s the verse that really struck me. “I may not know the way I go, but oh, I know my Guide!” I began to think, “is that really what my heart proclaims when I look at an uncertain future or am going through a trial? Is my faith in my Savior’s love and goodness and sovereignty enough to be completely satisfied to follow his leading and be content to not be in control?” How often I feel the need to lean upon my own understanding and have some control over the circumstances of my life. I truly want to say and believe that “‘tis better far that I should walk by faith close to His side.” I am praying that Christ would truly be all my soul needs to be satisfied – that his love and his word would be the first thing I lean on in times of uncertainty.
How good He is to bring fresh conviction and remind me of his unfailing love!
How good He is to bring fresh conviction and remind me of his unfailing love!
3 comments:
That is so cool that you got to see Indelible Grace! I love how deep and rich they are.
Wow!! Thank you so much for sharing how the Lord used this time ~ especially when you thought it might be "lame" ~ to speak to your heart and remind you of His great love and faithfulness poised toward you in all things. love you, Ab, and hope you & Steve have a nice weekend!! I had fun going with you guys and Rach! BTW, you missed out on some killer ice cream @ Bruster's afterwards! lol
Isn't it fun when you have fun, when you don't expect too! :) ~K~
Post a Comment