Monday, March 31, 2008

Rot Repair, Ceiling Rafters and a Stop Work Order!

I should be studying for a test in Middle East History right now, but I've had about all I can take of school, so I figured I'd distract myself by updating you all on the progress of our house! Good idea, huh?

The one hangup lately has been the kitchen floor. There was some rot in the floor joists, so they all had to be replaced...plus some rot around one of the kitchen windows. So all of that has been more of a headache than Steve had foreseen. But it's almost done now.

Some of the guys in our caregroup helped Steve on the house last week and they removed the ceiling rafters in the dining/living room. We're going to make it a cathedral ceiling to open it up more.

Steve and some other guys got there Saturday morning ready for a long day of work when they found this not-so-friendly notice on the door. It's not that big of deal..hopefully we'll have the permit they want to see in a day or two, but it just prevented them from working on the house over the weekend which was somewhat frustrating.

Steve is over at the house tonight with Steve Schwartz. He is running all the electrical in the house for us which is a huge blessing! Thanks Steve!

So that's the scoop! Also some of you had heard that we may not be able to extend our lease for our apartment at the end of April until we get the house done, but come to find out we will be able to stay at our apartment until the house is all finished! This is a huge relief, and it really takes pressure off Steve feeling like he has to get it done as fast as humanly possible. Now he can take time to do things in good order and enjoy the process a little more :) We are so thankful for the Lord showing his faithfulness in this situation! He is so good to us!

Alright, it's back to the books for me :)

5 comments:

Bekah said...

Yucky rottage! But YAY that you can stay in your apartment! God is good! Love you friend!

Anonymous said...

Abbey and Steve, Hope you get this!
We are so tickled over your new/old house. If you get this one let me know. Love, Grandmir

Anonymous said...

Yea!Yea, it came up and now I know haw to do it. Wish I could retrieve the other messages I wrote so that you would know I have been thinking about you! Love, G

abbey said...

Aw thanks Grandmir!! My mom told me you had tried to post a comment, but it didn't work. That's ok :) Thanks for checking my blog...I miss you guys so much! Tell Daddydon that Steve and I love and miss him too.

AmyB said...

So excited about your house Abs! It's always been a dream of mine to gut and redo a place just how I want it -nice that you have a hubby that knows how to do that stuff!!! :-) Can't WAIT to see what it looks like! So fun (well, let's say, a lot of hard work and fun at the end!)!