Thursday, April 17, 2008

almost done...

Things are finally starting to wrap up for me with school!! I'm in that calm before the storm of finals. But it feels great right now. I just have one last paper to turn in next thursday, but that's all as far as assignments go. I had a Shakespeare presentation on Tuesday and a couple shorter papers that I turned in yesterday. I really can't believe it's almost over! I thought I'd never get to this point. It's funny remembering the beginning of the semester when I had this huge pile of books to read and 6 syllabi full of assignments and deadlines, and my overwhelming feelings of anxiousness and dread. I am rejoicing in the Lord's faithfulness to me during this semester! He gave me grace upon grace each and every day. There was never an instance that he didn't give me everything I needed to make it through, to accomplish the tasks he set before me. Thank you Lord for your great faithfulness and kindness!

I can't believe I'm just a little over two weeks away from being a college graduate!!! Woohoo!
It will feel so good to read books that I want to read, when I want to read them :) And no more essays and book reports and presentations and TESTS! Sorry, I'm just getting excited thinking about it :)

It'll probably be 2 more months before we can move into our house. Steve has been working so hard lately. I know it can't be fun to work a hard 8 hour day, and then go to the house and work another several hours...and then to spend your weekends working as well! He is very dedicated, and he does it all with a great attitude. But it does make the work easier knowing that it will pay off with an awesome house! We can't wait to move in. Dad Crabb will be coming next week to help with the house. He has mad skills when it comes to construction, carpentry, plumbing...basically you name it, he can do it. So he will definately be a huge help! We can't wait to hang out with him.


In other news, a friend blessed us with a Carrabbas gift card, so we're going out tomorrow night! We're both looking forward to that. Then Saturday we'll spend the day working at the house and then go to ACCESS that night! Those meetings have been so encouraging, and Steve and I feel very blessed to be a part of that ministry. Can't wait! Sunday afternoon we're celebrating Brian and Jessica's birthdays at the Coolong's house. Looking forward to a great weekend! I'll try to take pics and post them later...

6 comments:

Tess Bush said...

Abbey that is wonderful news!You can see the light at the end of the tunnel. :-) I'm sure you are ready to celebrate! What a wonderful achievement!

Bekah said...

Yay Abs! You're almost there! Love you friend!

Anonymous said...

Abbey, just two more weeks!!!!! Horray! I can't believe you're almost done! Good job! I am so excited for you...and for summer. :)

abbey said...

Thanks for your encouragement girls!
Heath - I am totally with ya! Can't wait to go to the beach and the pool this summer! Hope finals go well for you girl!

Les said...

That is a great accomplishment Abbey, you should be proud! Make sure you walk the ceremony. I though it was no big deal but it was a neat moment to walk- emotional actually.

abbey said...

Thanks Les! Yeah I am going to walk. I'm excited about it :)