Monday, January 11, 2010

Hello there.

Just thought I'd do a quick catch up post this morning on this poor, boring ol' blog. I hope everyone had a great end of '09. Our holidays were very laid back and enjoyable. Steve's parents came for a week at Thanksgiving, so it was great to hang out with them and catch up. They'll be coming back in early February to meet their new grandsons! We're looking forward to that. I finished working after Thanksgiving, so I was able to enjoy the month of December getting ready for Christmas and baby's arrival. It's also been nice to get myself into a routine here at home. I love it!


I'm so thankful that I will be able to stay home with our little guy and be fully devoted to raising him (and future children) and being a wife and homemaker! Steve's hard work to provide for us is an incredible blessing to me and I don't take it for granted that the Lord is allowing me to do this. I'm excited about this new season of being a momma. I've just been praying for a contented heart that fully embraces this calling on my life...He wants me to take joy in all that comes with caring for my new baby...the many feedings throughout the day and night, changing diapers, caring for and nurturing him instead of getting a shower and out of my pj's :) I know it will require dying to myself throughout the day, every day, but I'm excited to see how the Lord will stretch me and change me in this new season! I can't wait to meet this little guy!



So anyway, Christmas was spent with my family and we had a great time!
We did presents and ate lots of great food of course. Steve had a few days off, so I loved having extra time with him as well. It was our last Christmas without kiddos so we kinda splurged and went crazy with our gifts hehe :)















On December 22 we welcomed Howard Robert Crabb into the world! My sister-in-law Jess gave birth to their first son, and my fourth nephew!! He is such a cutie and it's been so fun watching him change so much even in the past few weeks. He was born 2 1/2 weeks early, and is doing great! Jess and Brian are awesome parents to this little guy. They live directly across the street from us so it's going to be SO fun watching these boy cousins grow up together.
In other news, Steve's in the process of renovating a foreclosure that we bought in December. He's "flipping" it, and hopes to have it back on the market in February. We're really excited about this opportunity since it's what most of what I made while I was working is going towards. Steve would love to (and hopes to) start doing more of these, but for now we're just starting out and it's been exciting to see the house looking a ton better already! We're praying for the Lord's favor on the whole project and especially when it comes time to sell it!




And now for the countdown! It's 12 days til my due date, so I guess this little dude could decide to come any time now! We are so excited!!!!! Can't wait to hold him and kiss him. I can't believe he's really going to be here so soon. My sister Rebekah is due on the 21st so we're anxiously awaiting the arrival of her little one too...who will be first?!?! I hope she is for her sake ;) I know she's very ready!! It's so fun that these little cousins will be so close together!

37 comments:

Coleman Elizabeth said...

Yay! A blog post!!! hehehe... I'm not the one to talk though haha. Love you abs, and by the way, YOU LOOK SO ADORABLE!!! And I can't wait to hold that little boy...

Bekah said...

ha...yeah coleman...when did you last post? 2008? haha...anyway...glad you updated abs! cant wait to meet the little boy! love you!

Rebekah Judd said...

Your belly is so cute. I bet the little guy in there is as well. Can't wait to see him!

Anonymous said...

i'm sooo excited to meet my new little nephew! i can't wait to kiss him!

hunts said...

cuuuuuuuuute Abs!! :) I love that first pic of you and Steve and I'm crazy excited for the new baby crabb! Any day now right??? :) YAY! Love ya girl!
-Ferf

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.