Monday, August 9, 2010

...blueberry picking and bath time...

This morning we headed out to Pungo to pick blueberries once more since the rest of the week is supposed to "feel like" over 100 degrees. Blueberries are one of my favorite things to pick myself since you don't have to bend down (they grow on tall bushes) and they are so fun to pop in your mouth as you go. So sweet and flavorful. It's quite a drive out to Pungo Blueberries, and at one point I was honking at this person in a minivan in front of me who had stopped at a flashing yellow light instead of proceeding through the intersection. I was all in a huff thinking how dumb is this person, when I realized there was a guy holding a stop sign in front of her, directing traffic through a construction zone! Oh dear, I can only imagine what she thought of me...so impatient and oblivious. HA. But in my defense I couldn't really see in front of her!
Despite the heat, Kaden did really well sitting contentedly in his stroller for a long time. He patiently waited for mommy to pick berries. Finally after a while, he'd had enough of the sun and started to get fussy so we called it a day. I got maybe 3/4 of a bucket and I was happy with that. I wanted to have enough to freeze for smoothies and baby food. I'm going to start Kaden on solids one of these days, just waiting for a good time since I want Steve to be here so he can see it. I'm going to be making it myself, so I've been researching the best ways to do it. I'm excited! Can't wait to see him taste his first "real" food :)

When we got home I gave him a bath since he was so sweaty - not to mention the fact that he hadn't had one since middle of last week ha! Love how he loves bath time. It's so fun letting him splash around now that he's sitting up well.



Steve was in an accident on Friday late afternoon as he was coming home from work. I am SO thankful that the Lord protected him and he walked away unharmed!! He was the third car in a three car pile up on the interstate, and the front end of his truck was pretty smashed up. So it's in the body shop this week and Steve is taking the week off - well sort of. He'll spend most of the time finishing the current "flip" house. Hopefully it will be close to done by the end of the week and we can put it on the market soon! It's looking good! Very exciting.

3 comments:

Rachael Myhill said...

Oh my that bath video is too cute.... :) love him!

Bekah said...

i love how obedient he is! haha...he is soo cute splasing away...and I love the strategically placed washcloth...very nice! ;0)

Jess said...

i love the bath video!! he's so cute!