Saturday, November 10, 2007

update time...(yeah, we're still alive)

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. Our life is pretty busy right now with school and work and church and family and friends (but isn't everybody's??). It's amazing how fast a week flies by.

I am so excited that there are only a little over 4 more weeks of school left (including finals!)!!!! Yay! The semester has flown by, despite my grim outlook in the beginning when it seemed that it would never be over. I am, however, doubting my ability to get through another semester. It's definately going to have to be the grace of God that pushes me to the end. My motivation is dwindling big time. But the good news is my Savior's strength and empowering grace is far greater than any of my efforts! Thank goodness for the spirit's work in my life.
I will register for the spring semester next week. I think the plan is to take 18 credits so I can finish up and graduate in May. In order to do that I will have to take two night classes (which I'm definately not looking forward to), and the other 4 classes will be spread out so that I'll have to be over in Norfolk every day again. I was really hoping to work it out so that I could do just MonWedFri or TueThur, but alas, that won't be the case. Becauses of this crazy schedule, I won't be teaching lessons. I will miss it, but I'm relieved to not have to work lessons into an already full week. Steve has released me from this so I can just focus on school. I'm so thankful for his support and encouragement!

Steve is enjoying working for Integrity. God has been blessing him as he has been faithful to work hard and invest into his accounts. I'm so proud of him...he has such a great work ethic and takes it very seriously. We are thankful for this company whose goal and mission in the work place is to bring glory to the name of Christ. We have the Integrity Fall party tonight (80s theme), so I'll probably be posting pictures of that. Should be fun.

We are definitely looking forward to the holiday season! Thanksgiving will be a little different this year since my whole family will be in Arkansas visiting my mom's family. Steve and I will be celebrating here as our own little family :) It will be a fun, relaxing time. We'll spend Christmas here as well...probably doing something with my family. Steve's parents are coming for a week in early December which we're looking forward to. I'm glad we'll get to see them during the holidays even though we can't make it up to New Hampshire.

Well, there's a little peek into our lives as of late...I will try to do more posting when I can. I now have to get back to writing a paper on Vietnam for my Cold War history class :)

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

Hey Ab! I can't belive there are only four more weeks of school... crazy. I know you guys have been super busy because I have hardly seen you. :) Have fun at the party and I am looking forward to seeing pictures. Hugs and kisses!!!!

Bekah said...

Abs,
Cant wait to see pictures of the Integrity dinner! Fun fun! Ill be praying for you friend as you go into this new semester and finish this one out. Bobbys dealing with the whole "not really motivated" thing too...but God is good and is helping us to get through it! Love you!

Katherine M. said...

Hi Abbey, I am praying for you and Steve. I'm very grateful God gave you a husband with such a great work ethic. I'm also very glad that he is so supportive and encouraging to you, especially in your walk with the Lord. You seem very happy and that brings your dad and me great joy! Have a great week and know I love you.

Don M. said...

definitely :o)

Love you!

Rebekah said...

i think dad is pointing out a sp. error.... if that is not clear!!!!! hehehe :) BUSTED!

abbey said...

hehe...thanks dad. very funny.I DEFINITELY appreciate that.