


Unfortunately, Steve wasn't able to join us much of the time because he had the annual Weekend of Excellence with Integrity. That included Thursday night, Friday all day and evening, and Saturday til about 4. He had a great time hanging out with all the guys and was encouraged by the whole experience. But we were both pretty tired by the end of the day Saturday!
Sunday after church we had lunch with some friends from Church/Caregroup, Chris and Natalie. We went to Red Robin. It was delicious and we had a great time of fellowship with them. Thanks guys!
Then Sunday afternoon, we went home and cleaned the apartment and I made brownies for our community group last night! Which was, by the way, an incredible time of fun fellowship and interceding in prayer for people in our group. Thanks to everyone who shared struggles for your humilty and openness! The Holy Spirit was definately moving among us. I know that everyone left encouraged and uplifted by that time of prayer. It was amazing! I love our group and am so excited for all that God will do in the future!
I am so thankful for our church body and all of the amazing friends God has blessed us with! A crazy weekend like that turns out to be so fun and filled with God's blessings because we were surrounded by people we love and who love Christ and are seeking to serve him! Instead of being drained and overwhelmed as I start this new week, I am encouraged and refreshed by God's kindness to Steve and I. He is so faithful and gracious to us. I hope you all start this week looking to Christ and recognizing all his blessings and kindness!

2 comments:
Abbey, Daddy Don and I were community group leaders for a long time starting when we had been in one group and then started leading another the next year. I think that was 1992. For the past couple of years we have been in groups but not leading them. I am glad that you all are doing this fun and fruitful ministry. There is no doubt and that is God is good! Remind the group that His timing is always perfect. Blessings and love to both of you. G
Post a Comment