Wednesday, May 14, 2008

brian and jess.

Last night I had the distinct priviledge of hanging out with these two :) Steve had to work late, so Brian invited me to have dinner with them at Panera! They are so sweet. We had a great time laughing, talking and going over wedding details :) Then we went on a field trip to Garden Ridge where we got to watch Brian take a running leap onto a big center display of throw pillows! No joke...it was hilarious. But, needless to say, Jess and I just kept on walking hehe. Leave it to Brian to make an ordinary trip to Garden Ridge a memorable experience. For those who may not know, Brian is Steve's brother and Jess is his fiancee!

I am very thankful for the friends I have in these two. Brian, it has been great to have a brother to joke with and laugh at over the last year :) Thanks for all your encouragement during school and always calling me during the day to see how my long days were going. You are so thoughtful and I really appreciate you and all your crazy ways :p Thanks for being willing to put in lots of hours working on our house, even when you'd rather be hangin with your girl. We are so thankful for all your help! We are so excited about you marrying Jess! What a great wife she will be. You are very blessed bro!

Jess, I have LOVED getting to know you more and more over the past few months! When you and Brian started hanging out more and we began to suspect that you guys weren't going to remain 'just friends', I was so excited at the thought of having you as a sister. Your life is such a testimony of the Lord's faithfulness! I love your thoughtful and caring heart. You are always encouraging in the way you speak - whether to Brian or to me and Steve or whoever - the love of Christ is shown through your words and actions. I love to see the ways you serve Brian. You are going to be a great wife to him and I'm excited to watch the ways you guys will grow together as a married couple. What an exciting time of life you are in!

Love you both a whole stinkin lot :D
From your seeester and 'angel-in-law,' abbey.

3 comments:

Katherine M. said...

What a heart-felt and loving tribute, Abbey. I am also happy for Brian and Jess. Brian is such a servant and will make a very thoughtful husband. Jessica has really impressed me with her quiet and gentle spirit. She is soft-spoken and seems to be very kind-hearted. I think Brian is a very fortunate guy! She is definitely a keeper. I pray for blessings on their marriage.

Natasha said...

Hey abbey...i just found out last Wed. who my new CG leaders are. Yep... you guys! I think it will be a lot of fun and I am looking forward to the 1st mtg!

abbey said...

Thanks natasha =) we're excited about it too!