Here are some updated pictures of the house I took last night. The sheetrock is up and the first coat of mud is on! I can't tell you what a relief and excitement that is for us, especially Steve. I think both of us were beginning to doubt it would ever get to this stage. It is so fun to walk in and have actual walls dividing actual rooms! I really thought it would make it feel smaller and boxed in, but it actually feels bigger to me now which is sweet! I love the living room/dining room area and the fact that it flows into the kitchen so well. It is so open and roomy feeling. Perfect for entertaining and hospitality..which is what we were aiming for :) There are pictures of when it was just insulated and then sheetrocked. We'll be moving in before we know it!!! Well in a month or so anyway :)

Steve hired a guy to blow in the insulation. It's torn up paper and other stuff that they moisten and then blow into the spaces. It dries out and stays pressed into the walls. It's pretty cool and is supposed to cut your energy bill by 40%
Starting to look like a real house!! the living room looking into the kitchen.

looking into the living room





After the mudding is done Steve is going to spray the walls with primer and then paint! We picked out our colors the other day, and I can't wait to see them on the walls! We also ordered our cabinets a couple nights ago, so those will be delivered this next week. Today we are going to Home Depot to purchase our light fixtures and maybe all the appliances! Things are really coming together, but there's still a lot to do. We'd appreciate prayers during the next month as we finish everything and move before the end of June!
8 comments:
Abbey and Steve, the house is coming right along and the pictures are great. Daddy Don and I are so happy for you both.
Love, us
looks sweet abs! so good to see you this weekend! love you!
I love keeping up with your house! I really like house stuff. Thanks for all the pictures.
How exciting! Looks awesome, and I can't wait to see it all finished!
Wow looks like it is going to be a gorgeous house when it is finished!
How fun to be moving into your first house!! Thanks for all the updates...
Sara
Thats so exciting! How many bedrooms is it gooing to be?
I am looking forward to the 1st care group with you guys as leaders! Do you know yet when it will be?
hi abbey this is isabelle hulme cuit houes
Post a Comment