Sunday, July 25, 2010

keeping my word..

Ok so here's a little post to back up my previous post :) Let me start back in January when we welcomed our baby boy into the world...that's something worth blogging about for sure! He was born a week past my due date (Jan. 23) on a snowy, icy blue moon, January 31, 2010 (seriously, we had a crazy snowstorm! We drove to the hospital at 4am on ice-covered roads!) After a long labor through the night and half of the next day, he finally came at 2:28 pm on Sunday afternoon. What a joyful day that was!

first bath :)
all bundled up.
oh what a kissable little face.

daddy and baby resting..I think Steve was more tired than I was after the labor ;)

going home outfit
daddy trying not to slip on the icy driveway. bringing baby home!
meeting his older (by 5 weeks) cousin Howard

meeting his 3 year old cousin Duncan
1 week old. precious!


We adore our sweet, firstborn Kaden Isaiah. These last (almost) 6 months have been so enjoyable! He has been such an easy, happy baby! I know I am a blessed momma to have such a content baby boy. We'll take a few more just like him ;) Is that too much to ask??
Having Kaden five weeks after his cousin Howie was born and 3 days after his cousin Kieran was born has been really sweet. I'm so glad he has cousins close in age. I'm sure they'll be close friends. The first few months after he was born were slow paced, happy times. It was still cold and gloomy outside, so I never really felt like I was missing out on things and stuck at home. Then by the time the weather was nice, we were well adjusted, recovered and ready to enjoy it! So far I love being a momma!! More to come later :)

No comments: