This past weekend was extremely enjoyable and relaxing. We didn't really do a whole lot, but we did get much needed rest and enjoyed the fellowship of family and friends. Sorry I don't have pictures to document it :(
Friday night is our hott date night. SO, after a long day of school and work, we cleaned ourselves up and hit the town...downtown Portsmouth actually. When we went scouting for restaurants previously, we found several that looked pretty promising, one Italian, one German, one Mediterranean...but Friday we decided we were in the mood for good ole American food. So we went to the Roger Brown pub. It was so fun! I had no idea that place was so big inside. We got a big, comfy half-circle booth, so we got to snuggle up to each other and chat. We had such a good time talking and laughing and just being goofy together. It's so awesome having your husband as your best friend (I know all you married gals would agree!) SO then, we left the restaurant and went down to that cute little coffee shop, the Daily Grind. We got our coffee and walked down by the water, found a spot looking out towards Waterside all lit up and sat down to enjoy the lovely night. It was such a great way to wrap up a busy week and begin the weekend.
Saturday morning Steve had a bible study at the church. So as he headed off to that, I headed to the grocery store to get stuff for a cookout we were having with my family at the park that evening. I got home, had devotions, and made cookies :) Good Saturday morning so far, I'd say. When Steve got home, we bummed around the house for a while, reading and doing other random things. We went shopping for a while that afternoon (I got 3 shirts for fall that I love!), and then we went to the park with my family at around 5. Despite cloudy skies all afternoon, we decided to go, and I'm so glad we did! It cleared up as soon as we got there, and it cooled down considerably. We had a great time grilling burgers (on our new grill :) and hanging out by the lake. Then everyone came over to our apartment and we made coffee and watched the Office (it was a re-run of the season premiere). It was such a fun night! I always enjoy hangin out with my fam :)
Sunday we had church, had lunch with a friend whom we had not seen for a while, and then just spent the afternoon lounging around the apartment. We took a nap, updated the budget (always fun!) and read and watched football. Rachael (my sis), Brian Crabb and Ashley Barret came by with ice cream later on and we all watched Extreme Makeover Home Edition. Rachael also gave me a facial massage that she is learning! Score!
So there's a little update for those of you that care :) Sorry there are no pictures...I meant to bring my camera to the park, but just plain forgot. Hope everyone else had a great weekend! Enjoy your week...
4 comments:
Hello! I agree... Saturday night was a blast. What a wonderful idea. I think we should do it again before it gets too chilly. I love you and I hope school is going well. I will be praying for you... I know things can get a little crazy.
Thanks for the post. I love hearing what's going on in VA Beach with you guys. Sounds like you had a great time.
so that's what you all were doing all weekend! sounds kinda like ours- relaxing and not too busy! love you guys!
Fun! Theres a Daily Grind up here in Richmond and Bobby and I went there on Sunday! Just a quick coffee pick up...but it was cool so we def want to go back and chill! Cant wait to see you!
Post a Comment